What is Interstitial Cystitis?

What is Interstitial Cystitis?


Interstitial Cystitis is the worst bladder infection you've ever had, except no bacteria is present, there is no cure, many foods make it worse, and separate treatments have maybe 1/3 of a chance of helping. The only true "treatment" is treating the pain, as its usually the only thing that will work. Even patients who've had their bladders removed still experience the pain. Doctors don't know what causes it or how to get rid of it but have many theories.



Need to find a doctor in your area who actually knows how to deal with IC humanely? Click here.

These are the new guidelines for diagnosing IC. If your doctor isn't using these then I suggest you find a new one who keeps up to date.

You can find the IC safe collaborated recipes between me and my step dad here.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

More Pharmacy failure

Went to store to get meds. Pharmacy was closed due to lunch, so I'm like, ok, I'll go get food that I can eat since I'm low.

I stand in the long line. Its my turn. "We're sorry but we can't fill this script because the makers don't make it anymore."

"I know. There's like a hundred generic versions of it." <-- Info my Uro told me. Said to just find whatever the pharmacy had that had ingredients in it, and the companies making and not making it is common. Its that pill you get when you have a UTI and it changes your urine's color (and stains toilets terribly).

"I'm sorry, but we have to contact your doctor tomorrow to see if we can use a different brand."

The original script already had that taken care of. I was completely out as it was. But you can't sit there and argue with a tech and a huge line of people behind you, so I just left and will take extra doses of whatever I need. They need to make plans for this. Utira-C and all of its buddies and offshoots, are never available everywhere and literally has tons of other names but all the same ingredients. IMO they should ask the patient if its okay if they substitute it or if we'd rather the doctor confirm it. She had. To me. And to the first script. Had the main Pharmacist been the family friend who runs shifts there I likely would have got what I needed at no problem.

The dumbest thing is that this drug is safer than the NSAIDs you purchase over the counter like ibuprofen. Take enough of that and really bad things happen. You can even take it when you're pregnant!

My face.


Attribution

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage open discussion. There is a lot for us to learn from each other.