What is Interstitial Cystitis?

What is Interstitial Cystitis?


Interstitial Cystitis is the worst bladder infection you've ever had, except no bacteria is present, there is no cure, many foods make it worse, and separate treatments have maybe 1/3 of a chance of helping. The only true "treatment" is treating the pain, as its usually the only thing that will work. Even patients who've had their bladders removed still experience the pain. Doctors don't know what causes it or how to get rid of it but have many theories.



Need to find a doctor in your area who actually knows how to deal with IC humanely? Click here.

These are the new guidelines for diagnosing IC. If your doctor isn't using these then I suggest you find a new one who keeps up to date.

You can find the IC safe collaborated recipes between me and my step dad here.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

More Pharmacy failure Part 2

The whole morning I spent screaming into my phone, trying to find where I can get a refill. It's my first defense against pain, and its the least dangerous, so its always the one I use first.

STORE said it would take another day to get Uribel in, which my doctor had to change it to. So I called little town store, they had some in, but not enough for the month which was fine with me.. I'd just get the rest later. This was solved after 2 hours on hold while I'm trying to play League of Legends, and while dying and sucking due to random people picking up the phone and asking why I'm on hold like 4 times and say I waiting to know if they have a stock of Uribel in, meanwhile the game has started and like 15 minutes later I get an answer. Okay, they have some.

Co-pay is.. $50!?

For the SAME thing called Utira-C it had been $10! I'm disabled, I have no job, I can't even afford this co-pay. It has the same ingredients as the $10 one, but because it has a prettier name it costs $40 more!? I'm going to have to find another brand, I cannot pay that.

Problem is this drug is constantly swapped. Companies stop making it, then start making it again. I'll have to stop taking it if I can't find a cheaper name, because the name is all I'm paying for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage open discussion. There is a lot for us to learn from each other.