What is Interstitial Cystitis?

What is Interstitial Cystitis?


Interstitial Cystitis is the worst bladder infection you've ever had, except no bacteria is present, there is no cure, many foods make it worse, and separate treatments have maybe 1/3 of a chance of helping. The only true "treatment" is treating the pain, as its usually the only thing that will work. Even patients who've had their bladders removed still experience the pain. Doctors don't know what causes it or how to get rid of it but have many theories.



Need to find a doctor in your area who actually knows how to deal with IC humanely? Click here.

These are the new guidelines for diagnosing IC. If your doctor isn't using these then I suggest you find a new one who keeps up to date.

You can find the IC safe collaborated recipes between me and my step dad here.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

First Day Back At School and a Story About Puppies

First day back at school went well. I had some pain after I used the bathroom that morning, so I rested on a heating pad until it was time to get dressed and leave. I drove on substances I shouldn't, but my medical insurance doesn't cover taxies. My town is so backwater I'm not even sure if we have taxies.

Today's class had been the final English course you must take to graduate. This is usually bad news and a hard course, or so you would think. Instead, all it is is planning your future and giving you idea for future jobs -- things we should have been taught in high school. We must follow a blog someone related to future plans. Sadly, we cannot use out own blog, but there's enough ICers blogging for me to catch one. I'll just have to snoop.

It was pretty warm today, but I wore a coat and had a heating pad in my undies anyway to make sure I stayed okay. I had some surprise errands to run, including alerting a seller of free puppies that there is a dog fighting ring nearby and to watch out for young men who "want a free puppy." My best advice was just to get their address and check it out first before deciding to give them the puppy.

She said one guy wanted her to hold one to him and just after I explained the dog fighting ring, he came. She asked me to pretend to adopt the dog since he seemed fishy (and he did -- he was young and looked fairly gangster to me, Mexican style). He was on the phone with someone as she said she was sorry but I had already adopted the puppy. We heard him say on the phone, "Don't worry, I'll find you one. I'll find you one today." This made her feel bad, but I told her that's what the pound is for. There's always puppies, and because you have to pay beforehand to get them spayed a neutered they won't be used as bait animals and in all likely-hood will be taken care of better since the pound insists on worming and vet checking before letting the adoption happen.

So, this could have been two things.
A. He was getting a puppy for his kid or younger brother, but it would have went over a lot better if he had brought the kid with him. Also, just getting the free puppy would mean he likely wasn't interested in spaying or neutering it, vet visits, or anything else that would cost money.
B. He was talking to someone who wanted a bait dog.

Ultimately I think I saved that puppy from either being neglected or being a bait animal. She said two old ladies already adopted two of them, so I felt happy about that. Even if you can't afford to get the spayed, neutered, or take them in for routine checks I feel its better to have an animal loved than put down at the pound, and by being vigilant you can stop unwanted puppies (experiences may differ -- a lab went through a hot fence to get at our doberman.. they made beautiful puppies though, looked like the old Egyptian dogs that were cat-like, thin, black, and agile: the Anubis).

Well it was an eventful day and I was tired but happy afterwards..however after using the bathroom it took 3 hours to control my pain. I spent too long away from home. I'm feeling okay, but hungry, at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage open discussion. There is a lot for us to learn from each other.