What is Interstitial Cystitis?

What is Interstitial Cystitis?


Interstitial Cystitis is the worst bladder infection you've ever had, except no bacteria is present, there is no cure, many foods make it worse, and separate treatments have maybe 1/3 of a chance of helping. The only true "treatment" is treating the pain, as its usually the only thing that will work. Even patients who've had their bladders removed still experience the pain. Doctors don't know what causes it or how to get rid of it but have many theories.



Need to find a doctor in your area who actually knows how to deal with IC humanely? Click here.

These are the new guidelines for diagnosing IC. If your doctor isn't using these then I suggest you find a new one who keeps up to date.

You can find the IC safe collaborated recipes between me and my step dad here.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Insurance Scare

I told my mom I was covered until I was 26 regardless of enrollment status, she said I had to be a full time student. I went online to double check and there were three things: Insurance in Louisiana only lasted until you were 24 (that's less than a month away for me), you were covered until 25 as long as you were a student, and you were covered until 26 regardless of anything.

The exception to 1 and 2 was if you have a disability you can stay indefinitely. I email my urologist and she concluded that yes, IC is a disability.

So regardless of what my insurance says on their coverage evidently they're stuck with me regardless. Good. If the "pre-existing" trap ever got me I'd be out on the streets I'm afraid. Now that's one good thing Obama did. He was the one who raised (or attempted to, if it did not work) the age limit to 26. For that I do owe him. I know he isn't popular, especially after the recent military action allowed in the U.S. and the internet censorship bills he signed. This isn't a political blog, but I really feel like the republicans have a noose around his neck. Checks and balances. I really don't think he had a choice in the matter.

I wish they would work out some sort of socialized medical coverage here. One that say, doesn't take 4 days to read through. The basics -- that everyone must pay 50 dollars a month and you are covered, sounds good to me. I'm not sure if this also includes those who'd rather keep their private insurance.. but I've heard some of the changes that already went through is making insurance companies drop customers due to not making enough because of Obama's policies. Of course, in America, you can't trust any news outlet so I don't really know where I stand. I just want something simple, say, real democracy like back in the Greek City State where everyone voted on a law or bill rather than letting representatives do it. I've never met my representative, so how can I be represented?

Also, this is a real interesting read on patient modesty and how its treated around the world. http://www.leighbureau.com/speakers/agawande/essays/nejm.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage open discussion. There is a lot for us to learn from each other.