What is Interstitial Cystitis?

What is Interstitial Cystitis?


Interstitial Cystitis is the worst bladder infection you've ever had, except no bacteria is present, there is no cure, many foods make it worse, and separate treatments have maybe 1/3 of a chance of helping. The only true "treatment" is treating the pain, as its usually the only thing that will work. Even patients who've had their bladders removed still experience the pain. Doctors don't know what causes it or how to get rid of it but have many theories.



Need to find a doctor in your area who actually knows how to deal with IC humanely? Click here.

These are the new guidelines for diagnosing IC. If your doctor isn't using these then I suggest you find a new one who keeps up to date.

You can find the IC safe collaborated recipes between me and my step dad here.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Modesty from a doctor's point of view

This is from the Huffington Post.

I never should have let it happen. A few months ago my wife became critically ill and was hospitalized for an extended period of time. She received spectacular medical care and the vast majority of the people were wonderful. However, as she awakened and began to participate in her care, some of her first words described the experience as "demeaning" and "humiliating."

The most memorable episode occurred one night when a male nurse insisted on bathing her -- and kept calling her "dearie." As I stood by, he kept insisting that "this wasn't his first rodeo," and "he wouldn't see anything he hadn't seen before." Not wanting to upset the apple cart, I convinced my wife that it would easier to just "get it over with." It was indeed humiliating and demeaning. I never should have let it happen. I am a physician. I knew better, and yet I felt the power of the system and did not want any retribution for not cooperating.


Click here to continue reading.


Best quote ever: "I particularly hate speaking to a physician when I am in my underwear and he is fully clothed. Either I get to put my clothes on, or he should undress while we talk." - Richard C. Senelick, M.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage open discussion. There is a lot for us to learn from each other.