What is Interstitial Cystitis?

What is Interstitial Cystitis?


Interstitial Cystitis is the worst bladder infection you've ever had, except no bacteria is present, there is no cure, many foods make it worse, and separate treatments have maybe 1/3 of a chance of helping. The only true "treatment" is treating the pain, as its usually the only thing that will work. Even patients who've had their bladders removed still experience the pain. Doctors don't know what causes it or how to get rid of it but have many theories.



Need to find a doctor in your area who actually knows how to deal with IC humanely? Click here.

These are the new guidelines for diagnosing IC. If your doctor isn't using these then I suggest you find a new one who keeps up to date.

You can find the IC safe collaborated recipes between me and my step dad here.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

IC and College, a broken system

Okay so I missed class today. Yes, its a damn cold front. Yes I hurt. No, I'm not going to drive an hour in a car without access to the tub since Soma isn't even helping. We had a quiz today. Problem? This is Prof. A**hole. His syllabus says this:

Assessment:
Random Reading Quizzes (you can’t make a higher grade in the course than the average of your reading quizzes)
Mid Term – 20%
Presentation – 20%
Term Paper – 30%
Final – 30%


I already missed one quiz because of AN EXCUSED ABSENCE DUE TO A DOCTORS APPOINTMENT. He didn't tell me a thing about the quiz! Two weeks later I hear my class mates talking about it! I doubt he just wrote me a 100 for it. So now every time I'm slightly late I have to ask. I usually start with good faith in my instructors. Now, will he let me make this quiz up? Or did I read the entirety of Dangeros Liasons, once spent six hours IN ONE DAY to finish it, for nothing since no matter how well I do on everything else I currently have a 0 F?

Another problem is although the disabilities' director is a nice guy and had a face-to-face chat with this professor about my "unique" (its not) condition, the disability system is still styled for the handicapped and those with learning disabilities, not people with invisible illnesses. If he lets me make up the quiz then he is redeemed in my eyes, but it sure looks suspicious I missed the first two quizzes "conveniently" even if one had been scheduled on the only day I could see my GP. Trust me, school is a lot funner than seeing my GP. For one my clothes stay on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage open discussion. There is a lot for us to learn from each other.