What is Interstitial Cystitis?

What is Interstitial Cystitis?


Interstitial Cystitis is the worst bladder infection you've ever had, except no bacteria is present, there is no cure, many foods make it worse, and separate treatments have maybe 1/3 of a chance of helping. The only true "treatment" is treating the pain, as its usually the only thing that will work. Even patients who've had their bladders removed still experience the pain. Doctors don't know what causes it or how to get rid of it but have many theories.



Need to find a doctor in your area who actually knows how to deal with IC humanely? Click here.

These are the new guidelines for diagnosing IC. If your doctor isn't using these then I suggest you find a new one who keeps up to date.

You can find the IC safe collaborated recipes between me and my step dad here.

Monday, February 6, 2012

New pad may help ease IC/Menstrual pain

Emily, 25, Oregon - "I have very painful periods and these pads definitely relieved some pain and discomfort during the day. I've had the symptoms of IC since I was probably a young child and could never get relief. I was finally diagnosed in 2008. I am impressed with the packaging; didn't worry about dirt or bacteria. My energy was so much more positive and I felt comfortable and secure wearing the pads. I wear the pantiliners everyday. I'm so grateful to my boyfriend for encouraging me to order these pads!!!

Stef, 35, Washington - "I have tried the day pads and LOVE them. I will definitely be ordering some. They are so comfortable. I suffer from pelvic discomfort and my vaginal tissues are so sensitive."

VJ, 40, CA - "I have found using Empower pads have helped lessen the pain that I experienced with severe cramps when my period would arrive. Without Empower pads I would be in my home and not out living and enjoying life to the fullest. Thank you for creating Empower pads! I really feel that they are the best feminine hygiene product on the market."

Empower Pads are a breakthrough in feminine hygiene support. Each non-chlorinated pad has a bio-energetic tourmaline strip for cramp relief, a soft top layer, a breathable polymer backing, and superior absorbency. Tourmaline has become a focus of research at universities and research centers worldwide because of its health benefits, such as improving circulation, relieving stress and increasing mental alertness. Anions increase oxygen, thus inhibiting the growth and multiplication of anaerobic bacteria. For women, this means less unpleasant odors and less incidence of infection.

Common DO's & DON'T's when using sanitary napkins

1. Choose a pad that is made from light, breathable, hypoallergenic materials. Allergens and materials that do not permit airflow in and out often cause skin irritation.
2. Consider the style and size. Try to choose a pad that is appropriate for your body size and type.
3. Look for pad with a high absorption rate that also has the ability to lock in moisture.
4. Always wash your hands before handling pads to avoid bacterial contamination.
5. Do not leave sanitary pads in the bathroom for long periods of time. Moisture may seep into the pad and lead to the growth and multiplication of fungi or bacteria.
6. Avoid scented pads. Perfumes, scents and some chemicals found in pads are well know to cause skin sensitivity and burning, especially for women with sensitive skin and/or vulvodynia. If odor is an issue, change your pads more frequently
.

Attribution
ICN: http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73235

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage open discussion. There is a lot for us to learn from each other.