What is Interstitial Cystitis?

What is Interstitial Cystitis?


Interstitial Cystitis is the worst bladder infection you've ever had, except no bacteria is present, there is no cure, many foods make it worse, and separate treatments have maybe 1/3 of a chance of helping. The only true "treatment" is treating the pain, as its usually the only thing that will work. Even patients who've had their bladders removed still experience the pain. Doctors don't know what causes it or how to get rid of it but have many theories.



Need to find a doctor in your area who actually knows how to deal with IC humanely? Click here.

These are the new guidelines for diagnosing IC. If your doctor isn't using these then I suggest you find a new one who keeps up to date.

You can find the IC safe collaborated recipes between me and my step dad here.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Injustice

The biggest injustice is that the layman cannot do medical research for himself because he does not have access to the scholarly journals doctors do due to their price, and so he must be blindly lead in good faith by what his doctors say.

We cannot have patient oriented healthcare like this.

2 comments:

  1. This. I live a few miles away from a major university, and could go to their library to access journals, but this isn't always feasible. I don't even know if, as an alumnus, I can pay them for remote access to the databases.

    I've had limited luck with google scholar, but a lot of times just the abstract is available, which doesn't give enough info to draw firm conclusions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After I graduate this semester I have no idea what to do. For IC, ICAhelp.org offers us all the latest research and guidelines, but for anything else it's like walking blind.

    And I love to research, I love the power these databases give me. It may be cost effective just to take one random class you're interested in and receive access? I have no idea the monthly billing amount the medical ones cost, but something I'll discover soon enough.

    ReplyDelete

I encourage open discussion. There is a lot for us to learn from each other.