What is Interstitial Cystitis?

What is Interstitial Cystitis?


Interstitial Cystitis is the worst bladder infection you've ever had, except no bacteria is present, there is no cure, many foods make it worse, and separate treatments have maybe 1/3 of a chance of helping. The only true "treatment" is treating the pain, as its usually the only thing that will work. Even patients who've had their bladders removed still experience the pain. Doctors don't know what causes it or how to get rid of it but have many theories.



Need to find a doctor in your area who actually knows how to deal with IC humanely? Click here.

These are the new guidelines for diagnosing IC. If your doctor isn't using these then I suggest you find a new one who keeps up to date.

You can find the IC safe collaborated recipes between me and my step dad here.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Back from New Orleans

I'm back from seeing my uro, everything seems well and setup in case of emergencies. However, I swear my GPS is trying to get me killed.

"Turn right."

There is a wall there, GPS.

"Turn left"

I'm on a bridge, GPS.

I did want to go to the zoo since I don't get out much, but though the ticket prices were good the parking prices were not. Have to love those extra charges.. so we get to the ferry, see the parking fee, and we just turn around. My boyfriend wanted to get home before sunset so he could fix his car for tomorrow so he could get to work and I to school. So far the nachos have not killed me. I am eating some rice with salt in it now. So far so good. I also ate pancakes at IHOP. I'm going to slowly do this until I find my stopping point. I'm sure this means I can have potatoes again. I missed potatoes so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage open discussion. There is a lot for us to learn from each other.