What is Interstitial Cystitis?

What is Interstitial Cystitis?


Interstitial Cystitis is the worst bladder infection you've ever had, except no bacteria is present, there is no cure, many foods make it worse, and separate treatments have maybe 1/3 of a chance of helping. The only true "treatment" is treating the pain, as its usually the only thing that will work. Even patients who've had their bladders removed still experience the pain. Doctors don't know what causes it or how to get rid of it but have many theories.



Need to find a doctor in your area who actually knows how to deal with IC humanely? Click here.

These are the new guidelines for diagnosing IC. If your doctor isn't using these then I suggest you find a new one who keeps up to date.

You can find the IC safe collaborated recipes between me and my step dad here.

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Cold Fronts are Starting

Last week I had a bladder infection and now I'm in pain because the weather just dropped by twenty degrees. I have a 7 hour shift tomorrow and with someone on vacation I'm having a longer work week than normal but don't think I'll be able to hold up unless the weather steadies out. My workplace doesn't make accommodations for wheel chairs and walking turns very painful for me.

I'm already tempted to put in my two weeks notice, but then how am I going to live if I don't 'tough it out' so I'm not 'living on your dollar'?

If it is another infection then I'm screwed, as that would mean its now immune to yet another anti-biotic and I'm already allergic to all with sulfur in it. Last year it became immune to macrobid. I'm positive its the IC symptoms allowing the infection to return. All summer I didn't have a single problem and lived a normal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage open discussion. There is a lot for us to learn from each other.