What is Interstitial Cystitis?

What is Interstitial Cystitis?


Interstitial Cystitis is the worst bladder infection you've ever had, except no bacteria is present, there is no cure, many foods make it worse, and separate treatments have maybe 1/3 of a chance of helping. The only true "treatment" is treating the pain, as its usually the only thing that will work. Even patients who've had their bladders removed still experience the pain. Doctors don't know what causes it or how to get rid of it but have many theories.



Need to find a doctor in your area who actually knows how to deal with IC humanely? Click here.

These are the new guidelines for diagnosing IC. If your doctor isn't using these then I suggest you find a new one who keeps up to date.

You can find the IC safe collaborated recipes between me and my step dad here.

Friday, April 27, 2012

Traveling with IC

Oh dear, Blogger has changed formats. Well, it's been awhile. I still have spasms, but nothing like during the winter. Meds and heating pads control it so I can be productive at a desk. Tomorrow I am stepping out of my comfort zone and going to take part in a protest against the War on Women. It's something a college student like me is expected/allowed to do. What do ICers need? Hormonal birth control for flares. What are certain politicians trying to stop? Hormonal birth control. As an ICer I will go and speak for us. I think things should be okay. I'm bringing emergency pack of hand warmers for heating pad substitute, my meds, and a Nintendo DS for the ride. Oh, and water, lots of water. I think I'll be okay with these things. So far on my hour commute to and from school these things have helped me greatly. I also have a wheel chair for dire pain situations. These things make me able to travel. It's not impossible... but it does depend on your state. I don't think I'd have the courage to do this during winter months when I flare up. Or maybe I would considering the importance of this. Glad it's in the summer. Ah, and I've found that the local Planned Parent hood here doesn't require pelvic exams for birth control. This makes my longing for informed consent and my IC happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage open discussion. There is a lot for us to learn from each other.