What is Interstitial Cystitis?

What is Interstitial Cystitis?


Interstitial Cystitis is the worst bladder infection you've ever had, except no bacteria is present, there is no cure, many foods make it worse, and separate treatments have maybe 1/3 of a chance of helping. The only true "treatment" is treating the pain, as its usually the only thing that will work. Even patients who've had their bladders removed still experience the pain. Doctors don't know what causes it or how to get rid of it but have many theories.



Need to find a doctor in your area who actually knows how to deal with IC humanely? Click here.

These are the new guidelines for diagnosing IC. If your doctor isn't using these then I suggest you find a new one who keeps up to date.

You can find the IC safe collaborated recipes between me and my step dad here.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Is Cyclosporine the cure to IC?

I can't say either way. It turns out my symptoms are from pelvic floor dysfunction, which comes packaged with IC. So, by the time I started the Elmiron had healed my bladder. There is still a lot of enthusiasm for this therapy, and should my IC return I wouldn't hesitate on using the medication again. I say go for it. I had no bad side effects.

The cyclosporine was the main purpose for this blog, but I'll continue dictating life as an ICer. I have pictures of the leg blots left by our heating pads I wish to give to my Uro for free use as well as to the ICN so people won't freak out when they see them. My uro said it doesn't harm you, it basically makes you look ugly in a place most people will never see. I plan to cover mine with a tattoo if I can ever defeat this disease.

I used my wheelchair today at school for the first time. Freak cold front came through with the storms. It was an interesting learning experience. Wheelchairs = hard outdoors, but fun when going downhill (and I'm immune to the flooding in my lower-than-ocean-level-city. 6 inch puddle coming up? No problem! ). I kinda used it as a skateboard, using a foot and my hands to help out unless I was hitting a puddle. The issue is the jostling walking causes and not having cushion under my tush, but it solved both those issues and I could still use my legs to help push along the uphill areas. In class it was much more comfortable to my bladder than hardwood straight backed chairs. I could recline to my hearts content.

It's also a great arm work out, which I badly need.

I haven't been posting much because I've generally been feeling better plus school is getting very hard. It's my final semester. I'm worry what I'm going to do for a job once I get out. I need to work summers at least if I hope to claim disability if things turn out for the worse and I always need a plan A, a plan B, and a plan C. Right now we're trying on starting a home computer repair business.. but when you live in a rice patty.. there's not much of a customer base. I could probably make more selling the animals in my yard since PetSmart seems to carry the majority of them as pets (red eared sliders, green anoles, gardner snakes, etc).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage open discussion. There is a lot for us to learn from each other.